Friday, June 8, 2012

Swan in the Rushes

what vein would I bleed free
to see your brown eyes close,
lidded like a starless night,
a new moon silence.

2 to 3 cc is all I need,
really.
I am still the same girl
I used to be.

Somehow we made it
to Bloomington
and back;

Now, I would go to Tallahassee,
shoot up anything,
a mirror,
if only we could talk about
Mr. Calvin
again.

My knowledge of Bossa Nova,
the deep yellow coreopsis,
or the sheer silk polka
dots: oh, don’t bother, they
won’t change your mind.

A gift beyond price.
Can’t you feel it?
The milk still gets
through.
Echoing through
stainless walls,
plastic lines.

I’m lost.
I
am complete.

1 comment:

  1. Another great title! and mystery galore in these lines of the kind that adds to longing, the good kind. When I got to "oh, don't bother, they / won't change your mind" it was perfection. And then the revelation of the last stanza ... ahhh.

    ReplyDelete